Eid El-Fitr was celebrated in Jalingo-Maiha, the headquarters of Maiha local government, Adamawa state, without a district head, over 19 months after the determination of the appeal court, which upheld the high court judgment, directing Adamawa state governor to approve the appointment of Barr. Mahmud Abubakar as the heir to, as the new district head.
It is perceived that there is the misunderstood Fulani factor as alleged, isn’t in green book of the governor and that which necessitated Qunut prayers for two consecutive Ramadhan that whoever is a constituent of the conspiracy against the monarchy in Jalingo-Maiha should have a nasty 2023 and beyond with frustration till eternity.
The concerned people of the district would not conjure up why the appointment of Pakka district head received executive approval without delay, ignoring that of Jalingo-Maiha? The ethnic sentiment was however suggested for a reason.
Maiha, a predominantly fulfulde speaking local government with over 90% Muslims, is the only local government that the current Adamawa governor visited only during campaign in 2019.
“The governor needs not visit the LGA because the political stakeholders are, for the most part, inclined to the ruling party as choiced party,” an eavesdropper would give as hint.
A sage is reported to have projected that the sitting governor, if successfully completed the first tenure, hardly would he succeed himself, among the reasons advanced is the undue executive delay in approving the appointment of the Emirate Council selected, courts declared district head of Jalingo-Maiha.
Read below the previous news report:
– I’ll clear clueleness, defeat sentiment, honour courts orders on district head appointment – Otumba
– Appointment of district head of Jalingo-Maiha shall be backdated to the time the Emirate Council forwarded the selected name for executive approval about four years ago, with all the entitlements and compensation of damages after 2023 election – Madawaki
– It’s too late to, by hypocritical hypothesis, pacify Jalingo-Maiha, approving the appointment of district when it should have been before now, defeating sentiment
– We seek for permission from the ruling family to file for an order of enforcement against Adamawa governor – Right Group
– Executive prolonged delay in implementing court order is unpalatable to democratic taste, reason, religion and rule of law; fantastic fanatical denial by delaying the implementation of justice is unconstitutional, hence must be challenged before the law
– Executive refusal, based on perceived covert sentiment, to approve the appointment of the Emirate Council selected, courts declared district head of Jalingo-Maiha remains an executive injustice to challenge, we’re in consultations to push peace protest before Adamawa governor – Youth group
– Sentiment against misunderstood tribe, taken as fundamental reason for continued denial on the side of the state governor to approve the appointment of district head of Jalingo-Maiha amounts to a chronic miscalculation – Fulbe group
– The good People’s numerous calls on the chief executive to do the needful, to honour courts orders by approving the appointment of the Emirate Council selected, courts declared district head of Jalingo-Maiha is far from being heeded to this day – Sage
Over eight years after death, four years after a high court judgement, 19 months with the determination of the appeal court, the court order as relates to the executive approval of appointment of the district head of Jalingo-Maiha will not be implemented, even when other chiefdoms and districts in the state that within a year after the demise of their traditional chiefs, including that of Pakka, hitherto under Jalingo-Maiha, the executive approval of appointments of successors were granted. The electorates wondered what would have led to the degeneration of the executive to such seeming sentiment.
A group argued that eight years make two tenures of the elected executives and legislators; this goes to explain the delay Jalingo-Maiha district experiences and the barrenness the district head palace suffers to this day.
“We’re aware that our elected and appointed politicians, stakeholders and friends of Maiha have on several occasions requested the state governor to do the needful; to honour courts judgments; approve the appointment of our district head. He however could not honour justice, equality before the law, the rule of law and fundamental human rights,” the youths group would lament.
For a hot governorship contender, Alh. Umar Mustapha Madawaki, aka Otumba, who has been tough on what he considered as Adamawa state governor’s chronic ineptitude, sentiment bred and excesses, “there’s everything sentiment influencing the continued refusal to approve the appointment of district head of Jalingo-Maiha. However, I assure you, the delay will not go beyond 2023, In Sha Allah, when I’ll clear clueleness, defeat sentiment, honour courts orders.
“Put it on record that the appointment of the district head of Jalingo-Maiha shall be backdated to the period the Emirate Council forwarded the selected name for executive approval about four years ago, with all the entitlements and compensation for damages”.
According to the sage, who projected that, on the issue of the approval of the appointment of district head of Jalingo-Maiha, the governor should be trusted like a fox said, “It’s too late to, by hypocritical hypothesis, pacify Jalingo-Maiha by approving the appointing of district when it should have been before now, defeating sentiment”.